Along with the usual foams, mousses and hair gels, styling powder is gaining popularity. The tool does an excellent job of creating volume and fixing the hairstyle, although its mechanism of action is completely different.
What is hair styling powder?
In appearance, the product resembles dry hair shampoo and has a similar effect: it absorbs sebum, but still works differently. Powder is created to give hair volume. In addition, it thickens the hair at the roots, textures and slightly dulls the surface.
The tool is equally well suited for short haircuts, and for styling on long hair. The powder has a high resistance: valid until the next hair wash. Simply adjust your hair with your fingers and the volume will return.
A detailed review of hair styling powder can be found in the article “How hair styling powder works”
How to use powder for hair?
The tool is applied simply, but it is worth considering some nuances.
- It is necessary to distribute the powder exclusively on clean hair, otherwise the opposite effect will be achieved: instead of volume, you will get untidy hanging strands.
- The product is applied to the roots of the hair, separating strand by strand indented 4-5 cm over the entire area of the head.
- You need to distribute the product with your hands, without using a comb. In order not to lose in volume, the hair should be combed thoroughly before application.
- One portion of the powder that pours out of the holes in the jar is enough to create the effect of voluminous hair. If you put too much money, the result may be spoiled.
- Before washing your hair, do not comb out the powder – it is washed off with an ordinary shampoo.
How often can I use hair powder?
Experts do not recommend daily use due to the fact that the product must be applied to clean hair, and frequent washing adversely affects the condition of the hair. In addition, some stylists believe that the constant presence of powder can cause dull and brittle hair. The optimal frequency of application is 1-2 times a week.
Hair styling methods with hair powder
The basal volume of the product gives due to the fact that, getting on the hair, dissolves and forms an invisible film at the roots, around each hair, while the effect of dirty hair does not occur. It copes with styling loose hair.
Apply powder also to complex hairstyles with braids, bunches. The tool is applied to an already prepared hairstyle, promoting it between the layers of hair, inside the styling.
What types of hair powder are?
A styling tool can be found in several forms of release.
- Powdered form. Packaging in appearance resembles a salt shaker with holes in the lid. The tool sleeps out dosed, which makes it easy to measure its required amount.
- Spray powder. The product is simply sprayed onto the basal zone from a distance of 10 cm. The form is convenient for application, it allows you to maintain cleanliness and accuracy on the dressing table. It is important to monitor the dosage so as not to overdo it with the product. Before applying, experts recommend shaking the can strongly.