Folic acid or vitamin B9 is a vital element for healthy hair. It supports the central nervous system and provides rapid regeneration of old cells. This element has a positive effect on hair growth, since it helps replace old cells and tissues begin to grow faster, provided that the body receives sufficient amounts of this vitamin.
How does folic acid affect hair?
- Accelerates hair growth.
- Provides proper nutrition to hair follicles.
- It participates in the normalization of the hormonal background, which is usually a symptom of a violation of hair loss.
- Strengthens the nervous system. Stress, nervous breakdown, people may experience hair problems. Normalizes the psycho-emotional state.
- Prevents the process of slowing hair growth due to anemia – a problem that may arise due to lack of folic acid in the body.
- Increases blood flow in the body including hair roots.
Indications and contraindications for use
Lack of folic acid in the body often causes hair loss. You can determine the lack of body in the following symptoms:
- the hair is separated, often surprised, looks like straw, shed;
- weakness, fragility of the nail plate;
- dry skin of the face and head;
- deterioration of the general situation – if a person sleeps well and does not yet have time to do something, he feels weak; mood disappears, indifference, feeling nervousness;
- a person suffering from frequent respiratory diseases (deficiency of folic acid causes weakening of the immune system).
Read more about the causes of hair loss here. The only contraindication to the use of vitamin B9 is individual intolerance. To avoid allergic reactions to the tablet form of folic acid, you can replace it with natural products rich in vitamins: red fish, broccoli, beans, soy, milk, cheese and so on.
What kind of folic acid is there?
The pharmaceutical market offers a variety of hair care products with vitamin B9. You can buy:
- Tablets for internal use. The dose of vitamins should only be decided at the doctor’s appointment.
- In bulbs for external use. The contents of the bulb can be used in pure form – applied to clean, moist hair; Add vitamins to hair products – shampoos, hair conditioners, liquids; Mix with burdock or castor oil.
How to use folic acid for hair?
The dose of folic acid for hair in tablets:
- for men – 400 mcg per day;
- for women – 200 mcg.
For better absorption, it is better to take tablets containing vitamin B9 together with vitamin C (ascorbic acid) or B12.
Rules on the use of folic acid in ampules in hair:
- Add vitamins to a portion of the shampoo before each hair wash and do not pour the contents of the ampoule into the bottle;
- Before making a mask with folic acid, oil (burdock, castor oil) must be heated to 40 degrees.